The Pennsylvania Bankers Association announced the winners of the Future Under 40 Awards.
The Future Under 40 Awards honor banking industry leaders, aged 40 and younger, who have made a tremendous impact in their institution, the community and the industry.
This year’s award winners are:
- Michael Borick, Accounting Supervisor, The Dime Bank;
- Jon Boyd, VP/Financial Solutions Branch Manager Business Banker, First Commonwealth Bank;
- Megan Dellapina, VP/Senior Corporate Banker, First Commonwealth Bank;
- Jessica Gehman, Senior Relationship Manager, LINKBANK;
- Amanda Spinella, Director, BNY Mellon;
- Timothy Taylor, Jr., Director of Digital and Retail Sales, LINKBANK; and
- Patrick Thomas, VP/Financial Solutions Business Banker, First Commonwealth Bank.
“PA Bankers is pleased to honor the future leaders within the Pennsylvania banking industry through the Future Under 40 Awards,” said Duncan Campbell, PA Bankers’ president and CEO. “Through their commitment to their customers, communities and the banking industry, these seven individuals truly embody what it means to be a banker.”
In addition to honoring future leaders of the banking industry, the Future Under 40 Awards Program recognizes a senior leader who inspires and promotes the growth of young professionals in the industry through the Young Professionals Champion Award.
The 2022 winner of the Young Professionals Champion Award is: Brian Karrip, EVP/Chief Credit Officer, First Commonwealth Bank.
“We congratulate Brian as this year’s Young Professionals Champion Award winner,” said Campbell. “Fostering the next generation is crucial to ensuring the sustainability of not only our industry but our economy. Brian is a leading example of how to develop and inspire young bankers by encouraging them to create career paths, take on special initiatives, and participate in mentorship opportunities.”
The Future Under 40 Awards are spearheaded by the PA Bankers Young Professionals Network, which aims to provide an inclusive platform for engagement and growth with the primary focuses of:
- Professional development, educational and mentoring opportunities;
- Inspiring, promoting and increasing awareness of careers within the banking industry, emphasizing diversity and advocacy;
- Recognition of young professionals’ contribution to the industry; and
- Community engagement and outreach.
The 2022 Future Under 40 Awards were sponsored by Crowe LLP. The winners will be honored at the association’s Young Professionals Conference on Sept. 27, 2022, at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center in Hershey, Pa.