With the July 4th Holiday approaching, Hampden Township, Cumberland County residents are reminded that while Pennsylvania does allow the use of certain fireworks, in most instances they are not able to be used, lawfully, within the township.
The law sets forth the following restrictions for use:
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
In addition to the fireworks law, residents often run into trouble by setting off excessive amounts of fireworks or do so at unreasonable hours.