Planet Fitness is reopening gyms in Central Pennsylvania, Saturday, June 13 at 7 a.m. 5 facilities in Cumberland County including Enola, Mechanicsburg, Hampden Township, Carlisle and Shippensburg and a Planet Fitness in Etters, York County will open again to members this Saturday with new safety measures in place to protect members and staff during COVID-19. These locations are in the green phase and can reopen at 50% capacity.
“After 3 months of closure, we are excited to welcome members back to Planet Fitness. We are taking employee and member safety very seriously. We feel we can safely open our doors at a lower capacity in the green phase. We are committed to our member’s physical, mental and emotional well being and we look forward to having them return to our clubs”, said Stephen Kindler Jr., President and CEO of National Fitness Partners.
In addition, Planet Fitness locations in Hanover, York (West) and York (East) will reopen Wednesday, June 17.
In preparation for reopening clubs and welcoming members back to the Judgement Free Zone® in a safe and responsible way, Planet Fitness has taken several steps to strengthen existing cleanliness policies and procedures, in an effort to protect the health and well-being of members, team members and the local community. Some changes include:
All team members will have completed extensive training related to our enhanced cleanliness and sanitization policies and procedures.
- Team members will receive daily temperature checks when they arrive to work each day
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant on the EPA list effective against COVID-19, including 20-minute walk arounds by our team to continually clean and sanitize high-touch areas
- Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the gym floor and members will continue to be asked to wipe down equipment before and after use
- Touchless check-in is available via the free Planet Fitness app. Simply download the app in advance and scan in at the front desk
- Some pieces of cardio equipment will be temporarily marked out of use to enable Social Fitnessing™ and create additional distance between members
- New signage will be placed throughout the club that highlights sanitization and Social Fitnessing™ guidelines
Planet Fitness has already successfully reopened gyms under these new protocols in State College, Williamsport and Shamokin Dam operating in the green phase at 50% capacity.