The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB), through its Limited-Release Lottery, will award lottery registrants the opportunity to purchase 814 bottles of rare whiskeys.
Pennsylvania residents and licensees will have until 5:00 PM Friday, Feb. 17, to opt in to one or more of the lotteries and/or drawings by visiting the Limited-Release Lottery web page at FWGS.com.
Three separate lotteries, one of which will include multiple drawings, will be conducted for each of these limited-release whiskeys. Participants may opt in to one, several, or all of these lotteries and drawings.
Lotteries will be held, in the following order, to award the right to purchase individual bottles as follows:
Buffalo Trace Antique Collection 2022 Release
The first lottery will feature the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection (BTAC). Because these incredibly popular bourbons are aged for at least 15 years, annual production numbers cannot meet the current demand. Winning entries are limited to one bottle per participant, and if a participant wins a bottle in a drawing within this lottery, they will be removed from subsequent drawings in the lottery. Purchase is limited to one bottle per participant for the BTAC lottery.
The retail price for each 750 milliliter bottle in this collection is $109.99:
- Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey 18 Year Old – 14 for individual consumers, four for licensees
- Eagle Rare Straight Bourbon 17 Year Old – 16 for individual consumers, five for licensees
- William Larue Weller Straight Bourbon Barrel Proof – 72 for individual consumers, 24 for licensees
- George T. Stagg Straight Bourbon Barrel Proof – 111 for individual consumers, 36 for licensees
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey Barrel Proof – 149 for individual consumers, 49 for licensees
Two Bourbon Lotteries
For these lotteries, participants have the opportunity to opt in to each independent lottery, which will have its own drawing. Participants may enter one or both lotteries. There’s a limit of one bottle per winner from each lottery for purchase:
- Michter’s Straight Bourbon Limited Release 20 Year Old, $1,149.99 – eight for individual consumers, two for licensees
- Blanton Straight From The Barrel Bourbon, $149.99 – 243 for individual consumers, 81 for licensees