PSECU hosted 108 golfers for its annual PSECU Chips In Golf Outing on September 15, 2022, at Dauphin Highlands Golf Course in Harrisburg. Supported by more than 20 sponsors, the event raised $54,000 for this year’s beneficiary, Junior Achievement (JA). Funds will be distributed to all four Pennsylvania chapters of JA.
“Each year, the PSECU Chips In Golf Outing raises funds to support a statewide non-profit organization,” said Barb Bowker, PSECU’s Chief Member Experience Officer. “This year, we were honored to support Junior Achievement. The impact JA has in our communities by helping young people prepare for the future is tremendous. We’re humbled by the opportunity to play a part in supporting youth across the commonwealth as they learn vital financial skills.”
This year’s golf outing included breakfast and a warm-up period for golfers, with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. An awards lunch concluded the event. The sponsors, listed below, played a crucial part in ensuring the success of the event.
- Lunch Sponsor: SHI
- Golf Cart Sponsor: Enacomm Financial Services
- Scorecard Sponsor: Avtex
- Breakfast Sponsor: Liberty Insurance Agency
- Hot Dog Break Sponsor: PSCU
- Team Photo Sponsor: ALM First
- Driving Range Sponsor: SWBC
- Putting Contest Sponsor: Settlement Engine
- Hole-in-One Sponsors: Directlink, Glia, ims, inc., ServiceNow™
- Hole Sponsors: Arraya, Glia, Corelation, PSCU, Arch|MI, HarmelinMedia, Qualitest™, Highmark, ServiceLink, Glassbox, WebFX
- Beverage Cart Sponsor: Pure Storage
“JA would like to thank PSECU and all sponsors of the Chips In Golf Outing for their commitment to inspire and prepare students to succeed in a global economy,” said JA South Central PA CEO Tom Russell. “Financial literacy and career readiness are passions of JA and PSECU. Together we can make a difference in the lives of local students in Pennsylvania.”
Since the PSECU Chips In Golf Outing began in 2017, the credit union has raised more than $200,000 for nonprofits, including the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals®, Feeding Pennsylvania, and Junior Achievement.